Saturday 5 January 2013

2012 Best and Worst Bits

So 2012 was really the year when I became an adult. What I mean by this is that I took on a lot of responsibility and really took over the control of my life whereas before I was very dependent on other people. I really feel like I have the control in my life right now and I am so pleased that I have finally achieved that. I'm not going to say that 2012 was the best year of my life as you never now what's round the corner, but in comparison to previous years 2012 has been pretty darn good.

January - 2012 didn't get off to the greatest of starts as in the early hours of January 1st my family somehow managed to have a massive argument. This argument lead to us all not speaking to each other for a few weeks. But in true dysfunctional family style I can't even remember what we argued about now.

February - In a bid to stem the boredom I had at being unemployed I started volunteering at Fiveways school. Although challenging at first I really loved my time volunteering there. I found it really rewarding and it reminded my of how much I'd like to be a teaching assistant.

March - This month wasn't the best of months, I made some wrong decisions regarding a friend and we had a house party. This party wasn't what I thought it would be, not to mention all the clearing up I had to do in the morning!

April - Again this month was another bad month. Me and my then boyfriend split up. Naturally I was upset but in all honesty I had felt our relationship was coming to an end anyway. I think I needed to be on my own for awhile to work on myself and my life.

May - This month was much the same as the previous ones, searching for a job whilst continuing my volunteering at Fiveways.

June - I got a job! All the interviews finally paid off and I got a job in a child play centre as a play assistant. I was so pleased I got a job but at the same time, I was sad to have to stop volunteering at Fiveways.

July - Still getting the hang of my new job and loving every minute of it.

August - Two months into my job and I'm still enjoying it plus I've made new friends with the people I work with. Joined the gym in an effort to loss weight.

September - Two new members of staff at work who I help train and spent more time with my friends. I also joined Slimming World to aid in the process of me losing weight.

October - My birthday month - I turn 20 and receive the best birthday present ever: my kitten Monty. I spent the night of my birthday out on the town with my friends and some of the girls from work. It was a fun night and we all dressed up in fancy dress.

November - Still enjoying work and earning my own money. Started my Christmas shopping early to avoid any rush.

December - It's Christmas! And it was without doubt the best Christmas we have had so far. I got some amazing presents and I really enjoyed spending it with my birthday.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and are ready for 2013! Lets make this the best year yet!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs