Monday 21 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions

So I'm going to jump on the band wagon and blog about my resolutions and plans for 2013. This blog post has been inspired by others I've read and by YouTube beauty guru Nikki Phillippi's: "How To Be Happy January". If you haven't subscribed to her then where have you been? Just kidding. But serious go and subscribe to her she is amazing.

I feel 2013 is the right time to finally change my life for the better and really focus on making a better version of myself. I think by sharing my goals for this year with the internet it may give me the boost I need to follow through with them.

I'm going to lay them out the same way Nikki did in her video. So here are my "resolutions"/ goals:

1. Financial:
- in the long term I want to be able to afford a flat so I can move out and gain more independence.
- in the short term I want to re-decorate my room so I can have a space to work/spend time in that I think of as my little slice of heaven here on earth. To do this I have set the aim of saving £20 a week (let's see how long that lasts haha).
- I also want to save more money so I have money to fall back on if I need to fork out for something unexpectedly e.g Monty's vet bills. To do this I aim to save at least £10 a week.

2. Health and Fitness
-get more exercise! This is a big one as I am extremely unfit at the moment, to do this I aim to go to e gym at least once a week.
- to eat more healthily. I really want to become as healthy as I can and to do this I aim to eat at least one healthy thing a day.

3. Work
-in the long term I want to write a book. It has been a dream of mine to become a published author. To aid in this dream I aim to write for at least 10 minutes a day.
-I want to complete my BSY courses this year as well. To do this I want to do one question a day.
-I also want to start my own YouTube channel, whether that be a beauty channel or a book channel I don't know yet, maybe both...watch this space.
-I also want to develop this blog and make it into something I'll be really proud of, to do this I will aim to write one blog post a week at least.
-I also want to keep a diary this year. I do currently have one but I often neglected it so I aim to write for at least 10 minutes a day.
-I also want to read more, and I aim to read at least 48 books this year (4 a month).

4. Spiritual
-I want to read the Bible, this is part of learning more about my faith. So I have the aim to reading 5 minutes a day.
-I want to start going to Church again, so I'm going to aim to go once a week.
-I want to listen to Spiritual readers, this one I got directly from Nikki as I have started listening to Joyce Meyer and I'm really enjoying listening to her at the moment, she is very inspiring and motivating. I want to listen to a podcast at least 5 minutes a day.

5. Relationships/social
-I want to make a close friendship, I lost my who i thought was my best friend a couple of years when I found out what she was saying about me behind my back, and as a result I find it hard to trust people. So this year I would like to form a close friendship maybe even find a new best friend or maybe several.
-I want to make time to see my friends more, so I aim to see them at least once a week.
-I also want to be more social, by this I mean to except more invitations for doing things. I want to grab as many opportunities as I can.


So that's it- all my plans/resolutions for this year. But remember you don't have to make any if you don't want to. You could just make the decision to be happy.

Tell me your New Years resolutions/plans.

Sarah
Xoxo








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs